Fake ID Possession in California
The technical legal definition of “fake ID” in California criminal law is any driver’s license or other identification card issued by a governmental agency that has been
- Leonardo Dicaprio Novelty License California - altered,
- Leonardo Dicaprio Novelty License California - duplicated,
- reproduced, or
- Leonardo Dicaprio Novelty License California - counterfeited
Possessing a fake ID in California can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. The severity of the charge will depend on the facts of each individual case, the prior criminal record of the accused, and the severity of the offense.
Leonardo Dicaprio Novelty License California - IF CAUGHT WITH A FAKE ID AND PROSECUTED, THE CONSEQUENCES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Penalty and Fines:
- Misdemeanor possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 1 year in jail, summary probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $1,000.
- Felony possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 3 years in state prison, formal probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $10,000.
Other Personal Impacts
- 1 to 3 year suspended driver’s license
- 24 to 32 hours of community service if alcohol related
Leonardo Dicaprio Novelty License California - Potential University Impacts (Student Conduct Code in SCampus Part B: Section 11)
- Removal from university housing
- Suspended parking privileges
- Not allow to study abroad
- Dismissal from the university
- All organizations, clubs, or groups may be subjected to permanent or temporary removal of recognition and denial of the use of university facilities
- California Alcohol, Beverage, Control (ABC) Fake ID penalties for under 21
- Possession of a Fake Driver’s license or Identification Card